Thursday, July 9, 2009

More Sewing Projects

My daughter called me last Thursday and asked if we could make her a dress for an event she was going to Friday night. She found some fabric in my stash she liked. We got up Friday morning and put this together in about 2 hours. It was a joint venture - I did the sewing and she helped with the adjustments and idea of how she wanted it. It was very simple with one seam down the back. She was pleased with the results and said she got several compliments at the Art show she attended wearing it.


One of my co-workers had a baby recently and has alot of infant clothing. I made her something a little larger (Size 1) for next summer. I used the Ava Sundress pattern and tried a new free font I downloaded. I would love to give credit to the person who supplied the free font but I don't remember where I got it. If anyone recognizes it, let me know and I'll update the post with the person's name. I will have to try to remember to make note of the person who gives the free designs in the future. I am very grateful to them for sharing their gifts. The name was a font that came loaded on my machine.




I tend to change and add to patterns I use, even my own. This time I added a border along the hem using the gingham the bow is made out of.

I love the different shades of gingham fabric. I recently purchased several different colors to use for contrast and trims. Just another excuse to buy more fabric.
It's been great having some time to sew. I have several more projects in the works. I'll post pictures as I finish them.



No comments: