Sunday, March 7, 2010

Spring and Sewing

After the cold winter we have had, even here in the South, I am ready for some Spring weather and that means Spring sewing. I seem to have more energy and inspiration when the sun is shining, flowers and trees begin to bud and days are longer. My biggest problem is trying to decide what fabric to use with so many bright and colorful choices.


These are a few of my recent fabric purchases.

The two on the left are Robert Kaufman-s Monaluna Mod Bird by Jennifer Moore. Two in the middle are Moda Smore Marshmallow Cream Swirls and Pink Polka Dots and the one on the right is Amy Schimler Confections Cupcakes and Flowers.

These are a couple of pictures from the testers of the Karesa Pattern. Thank you testers for your comments and pictures.




Thanks also to Joni for taking the pictures for my cover and allowing her little one to be my model. She has 3 daughters that I adore and call my "adopted granddaughters".

1 comment:

Cole's Corner said...

I agree totally! The hardest part about sewing is figuring what to do next off the mile long list I have running.

Your new pattern is really cute and the cover looks precious. What a cutie!