Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Italy Vacation

I just returned from a vacation in Italy. It was an incredible trip, something I've wanted to do for 10 years. While in Italy, I visited the island of Burano, known for lace. Burano is one of the many islands around Venice.

These are the items I purchased. I have a Christening gown that I sewed, my mom embroidered and my grandmother did the hand work on. All three of my children were baptized in it. I decided to purchase a bib from Burano to go along with the gown.

I also purchased lace by the yard. I don't have plans for it yet, but I'm sure I can find a special use for it.

My mom is 84 years old and could not make the trip so my daughter brought a picture of her when she was younger and we took pictures of it at all the places we visited. I plan to make her a photo book with all the pictures. It will be a surprise. These are a couple of the pictures we took with my mom's picture as well as a few others from the trip.



1 comment:

Cole's Corner said...

WOW!!! That looks amazing
and you're daughter looks like so much fun!