Sunday, September 23, 2007

Back to Sewing!!!

Even though I haven't been sewing any children's clothing lately, I've been adding to my fabric stash. I've collected quite a variety of cute fabrics that I can't wait to start sewing. When I don't have anything particular in mind to make, I go through my fabric stash and pick several pieces and lay them on a table. Sometimes just seeing a design on a piece of fabric will give me inspiration for an outfit. I like to visualize the finished product, then start working from that idea by combining and changing existing patterns or making my own. There are several ideas I have in mind to try. One of them is a simple A Line dress. If this one works out, I may make an ebook out of the pattern. Below is the "test" one I cut out this morning. I'm making it out of the solid and lining it with the retro dots. I want to put some kind of decoration on the front but haven't decided what that will be yet. I'll post the finished product when it's done.

No comments: