Saturday, December 29, 2007

Finished Latest Project - Flower Power Tutu Dress

I finally found a few hours to sew today and made this dress and listed it in my Etsy shop. It is lined in hot pink broadcloth and has the appearance of a skirt made of netting underneath. I gathered 4" of netting and attached it 2" above the hem. Not only does the turquoise ribbon act as trim, it also hides the seam to sew the gathered strip of netting.
The fabric is so bright and colorful, great for the Spring.

I thought it needed something else so I added a bow made from some of the turquoise ribbon.
There is a seam down the back with a slit opening. I will probably use a hook and eye closure at the top or perhaps a snap.

5 comments:

SewSensible said...

ohhh! I really like this one!!!!

Megan said...

I LOVE it! What a cheerful design!

SewSensible said...

Happy New Year, Nanette!!!!!
Here's to a great year of sewing projects!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL

MorningSong said...

Precious!! I love this! The colors are fabulous!

Happy New Year!

jenifer said...

Fantastic designs of dresses I found at Brooks Brothers store through couponalbum.com with many coupons...