Thursday, January 3, 2008

A Purse for Me

I decided this past weekend to design a purse for myself with pockets for all the things I have in my current one. The fabric I used is a print I've looked at before for possible use somewhere in my home decor. It didn't work out for home so I used it for my new purse. After it was almost complete, I had to make a few adjustments in the flap. I am very satisfied with the pockets but now that I've worn it a couple of days, I think it needed to be just a little bigger and maybe the straps not quite as wide. Now that I know what I need to do, I'll make the changes on the next one I make for myself.


There is a double layer of pockets on one side and two larger pockets on the other. On the side with the two larger pockets I made a very small one to fit a pen. I'm always digging for one and wanted to have a place where I can easily find it.

I have a pocket that fits my cell phone, camera, cell phone charger and miscellaneous stuff on the side with the double layer of pockets. On the side with the larger pockets, one for my checkbook and the other for papers, pictures, etc .
I didn't make a pocket for keys because I bought something that hangs over the edge of your purse and attaches to your keys for easy retrieval. I love it. Here is a picture of what it looks like.

2 comments:

OMB said...

cute purse!!!
It's fun when you can finally make something for yourself. I never take the time to do that!!!

SewSensible said...

that's goood!!