Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Throw Pillows

Throw pillows are easy and fun to make and can add color and style to any room. A few thrown on a sofa, chair or bed can add spots of color. Since they are so easy and don't require alot of fabric, you can replace them for a new look, change of seasons or holidays. These were made for my niece for her bedroom. The theme in her room is black and white with a soft blue for paint color on the walls. It's not done yet but I hope to get pictures to post when complete.



The small square pillow was done using a pillow form. The rectangle pillow was made and stuffed with filling. She wanted trim only along the short edges on the rectangle pillow.

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

They look good. My husband stuffed our pillows in a closet shortly after my daughter arrived. Since we moved last fall I have no idea where he has put the pillows. We are leaving England soon. If I stay with my mom for a few months I think I will try talking her into making new throw pillows for her couch.

SewSensible said...

I want to make some throw pillows too! I am ready to decorate our living room with bold fabrics and some bold big floor pillows as well!

I love yours!