Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Bitty Booties by Riley

I picked up my "adopted" granddaughter, Riley, to come for a visit tonight. When she comes over, she likes to do "projects". I keep a crate of craft supplies for those occasions. First she decorated two foam door hangers, one for her and her baby sister, Ava. After that, she wanted to make a dress for her sister but that would have taken too much time so we downloaded a pattern for Bitty Booties. We looked through my stash of fabric and found some white fleece for the soles and light pink with white dots for the top.
I cut them out and she sewed them together by hand. She did very well for a 6 year old, especially on the first one. She got in a little bit of a hurry for the second shoe. I think she was ready to be done with them by then.
Here she is with the finished product. We used the 3-6 months size but they were still very very small. I'm not sure if it had something to do with the printing so I'm going to try to enlarge them on the copier at work and maybe we'll make another pair next time I see her.


Here is a closeup of the shoes. They are really easy and fun to make and a great beginner project.
Here is baby sister, Ava. We put the shoes next to her feet and they were about 1/2 the size we needed. I told Riley they were the practice pair and we would make them larger next time.

No comments: