Sunday, February 3, 2008

Getting Away to the Beach

This weekend I got the chance to get away and spend a couple of nights in Destin, Florida. I haven't been to Destin in many years and forgot how beautiful the beach and water are. Since Florida was hit with some many hurricanes a few years ago, many of the houses and business have rebuilt. Everything is so new and clean.




I especially like the beach in the winter. Something about the sound of the waves is so calming to me. Standing next to the huge ocean gives you a sense of prospective. Your cares and problems seem so much smaller in comparison.

3 comments:

High Desert Diva said...

nothing better than the beach!

SEWphisticate said...

how beautiful! i wish i were at the beach.

Anonymous said...

Only makes me want summer to get here faster! I love the beach.