Thursday, August 6, 2009

Beach Vacation, Pictures, Sewing

This past weekend was a family trip to the beach. It was so nice just sitting on the balcony watching the ocean and spending time with family. It's been over a year since I had any type of vacation so it was enjoyed and much needed.

I love taking pictures and carry my camera everywhere. My camera has lots of features but I don't use many because I don't like reading instructions. Since I'm a visual learner I prefer to have someone show me things. Anyway, while relaxing at the beach I experimented a little with some of the features, one being color accent. You choose the color you want it to capture and everything else is black and white. Here is what it looks like.

I took an extra day off work when we got back and spent almost all day sewing. I've been ordering fabric and trying some new ideas with the embroidery and sewing. (Pictures posted soon). Even though I enjoy sewing, there are times when I get lots of ideas that I want to try. The problem is I start several projects trying to do them all at once. I should get more organized with ideas and have a journal or notebook to keep them in for those times when I don't feel very creative.

No comments: