Friday, August 7, 2009

Ava Sundress

This is my latest sewing project from the Ava Sundress Pattern. The front was inspired by a design I saw in a boutique I visited recently. I randomly placed circle appliques with black and white fabric. Look closely and you will see the recipients initials on one of the circles. Since I don't have an embroidery machine that you can combine designs, adding a design within a design was something new for me.

Using the two black and white fabrics from the appliques and a pink microcheck, I made handmade braided trim for the straps and added the black and white bow to complete the look.
The fabric I ordered is in and I have lots of ideas of what I want to do with it. Looking forward to some serious sewing this weekend.

I've had numerous requests for a boy pattern and recently tried something I think will work well. If time permits, I hope to make another test or two and work on the design changes. Depending on how it all works out, I have a similar idea for a pattern for girls. Maybe I'll have it far enough along for a preview next week.

No comments: