Sunday, March 23, 2008

Spring - Easter - Celebrating Jesus

I LOVE SPRINGTIME

Here in South Louisiana Springtime means some beautiful cool sunny days. Everyone begins to get out in their yards and spruce up the plants. We know that before long it will be too hot to enjoy so we soak it in whenever we can. I'm usually a positive motivated person most of the time, but Springtime always gives me inspiration and motivation to accomplish things.

Spring means the flowers start blooming - azaleas and dogwoods being some of the first to show their colors. These are pictures of azaleas blooming in my front yard.












Easter arrives with family gatherings, easter egg hunts and easter baskets. Our Easter baskets always include heavenly hash, gold brick and pecan eggs by Elmer's. For years, I thought everyone knew about this candy but found out that is is made locally in a town called Ponchatoula and not distributed everywhere. I normally like the Gold brick better but this year I'm addicted to Heavenly Hash. Gold Bricks are milk chocolate with bits of pecan. Heavenly Hash is chocolate covered marshmallow with a couple of almonds. My mom likes the pecan egg which is a sugar filling rolled in pecans. Spring is about Easter and the resurrection of Jesus Christ.


For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten Son that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life. John 3:16


I've started something new when I pray. Instead of just my usual prayers and talking to God, I thank Him for not only what He has done but what He will do. Instead of just asking, I have high expectations that it will happen. I am believing in miracles. We all have those good things that happen to us that are unexplained and unexpected. Someone once told me they are "God moments". May all of you have many "God moments" in your life, today and every day.

No comments: