Thursday, June 12, 2008

Smocked Dress Project

I pulled out the pleater to smock something for a gift for good friends who's daughter is having a baby girl sometime in September. This will be their first grandchild and they are so excited. I actually met them when they were pregnant for the daughter that is having the baby (20+ years ago). Wow. How time flies.

The fabric in the background is what I'll use for the dress. I like making blue dresses for baby girls. Not sure if it is because blue is my favorite color or I know they get alot of pink and I just want to make something different. This dress will have a smocked insert with the skirt having pleats. It also has short puff sleeves and a collar. I'll post a picture when it's done.

As you can see, I used blue thread that matched the fabric for most of the design with just a little pink for some added color.

No comments: