Sunday, June 14, 2009

I've been very busy lately so haven't been sewing as much as I'd like. Both my parents had surgery in the last couple of months and I've been helping them out, plus working and the normal day to day stuff.

I have started on a new pattern and am hoping to have it ready for testing in a couple of weeks. I've made a couple of test runs, and have been adjusting to get the look I want. Now that I've decided on the look, I want to make a few more to get the final adjustments and take pictures for the instructions. Once that's done, I can get it tested and finalized.

I did manage to organize my sewing room this past Saturday. Originally, I measured and found some items at Ikea online to get it organized but the closest Ikea is 5 hours away and I didn't have a truck to pick the items up. Since that plan didn't work out, I've been picking up a few items locally that are working ok for now.

Here are some pictures.

The rack with the printer is what I purchased this weekend. It's a baker's rack that was on sale at Kmart.

The two drawer units are from Big Lots. I think they were only $8 each.

Fabric is hard for me to keep neat. Every once in a while, I have to go through and refold and restack.

It's a mix match of things but it's working for now.

No comments: