Saturday, July 21, 2007

Mixing Bright Fabrics

I used an adapted version of Vogue For Me pattern #V8060 for these tops. I excluded the tucks and added the ruffle. I wanted to line the tops but wasn't sure if I would have enough of the print fabric so I used some soft white fabric I had in my stash (It was either broadcloth or batiste).

I used a basic capri pattern and added two rows of ruffles along the bottom for the pants. I went through scraps of fabric I had to get some bright coordinating pieces for the bows and ruffles. The purple and pink dots pieces were also used for the fabric flowers.



This outfit is basically the same idea. The only difference is I added a bow from some trim at the center of the collar.
Instead of the ruffle along the hem of the pants, I chose a border of the fabric the top was made of and a fabric flower on each leg. On this one I added some small bug buttons on the fabric flowers on both the top and pants. A matching headband with one of the fabric flowers was also added to complete this outfit.


No comments: