Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Ava Sundress with embroidery and braided trim

I recently purchased a few embroidery designs from Embroidery Boutique and wanted to try them out. The Ava Sundress pattern is great for embroidery and applique on the front. I also added a handmade braided trim for the straps and along the hem.


This embroidery design is very simple and fast to do. These applique designs are
so much fun and are great for that little something extra on an outfit.
This is a better view of the braided trim. I used two pieces on each side for the straps and one row along the hem.
I took some pictures of the process and will try to put together a tutorial for the trim. I used gingham fabric in three colors for this trim. It takes a little time to do but I really liked the results. I ended up making extra to use again on a future project.

No comments: