Saturday, May 3, 2008

Fabric Shopping

This morning I went to my sister in law's fabric shop. She has it in a small storage room by her house. Even though it is small, she has a great selection of high quality fabric and I love going there add to my supply. She has fabrics like Imperial Batiste and microchecks, lawn, pima cotton and bright prints and solids. Some of the brands she carries are Moda, South Sea Imports and Fabric Finders. She is in the process of building an online store and as soon as she gets it going, I'll have a link to it on my blog.

Here are some pictures of the great selection she has.







Here is what I purchased today. The first two look great together and I'm thinking about using them to make another Emily dress from my newest pattern. The light blue is a lawn with a check pattern and next to it a sweet pink and white print. The purple is to coordinate with a purple and gold plaid I have. The red just caught my eye so I got a piece of it also. I came home and washed and dried them so they will be ready to use. I can't wait to start sewing.

I still shop at Hancock's and Hobby Lobby for fabric but the quality and selection doesn't compare to these fabrics. I did go to Hancock's today to get a Side Winder. It's a portable bobbin winder. No more unthreading and rethreading the sewing machine when the bobbin runs out. I'll just use my new Side Winder.

No comments: