Wednesday, April 2, 2008

New Pattern for Boys & Girls

NEW PATTERN - COMING SOON!


I'm working on a new pattern that will be called Betsey/Joey and will be for boys or girls sizes 1 through 4. This one will have a reversible option, different lengths and instructions and ideas to change the look. It will be a pattern that can be used over and over and combined with other patterns for new and different looks. I'm still in the testing stage and getting the details worked out. I've had to make several to find the best and easiest way to sew it together plus I want to have lots of pictures of the different options available.

That's all I'm saying for now but will be posting updates as it progresses. I'm looking forward to offering this pattern and hope I can get it out in the next few weeks.


You may have noticed that I name my patterns and each one so far is named for someone special to me. Here is a little about the inspiration for the names.

Annette Reversible Sundress Pattern -
This was my very first epattern. There was lots of trial and error, corrections and revisions but finally finished product was completed and submitted. The Annette pattern is named after my identical twin sister, Annette, who died 10 years ago. She also enjoyed sewing and other crafty things and I know if she were still alive, we would probably doing these patterns together. I wanted to do something special to honor her. Even though it has been 10 years, she is still missed greatly.

My Twin Sister, Annette and I as Toddlers

Tana Tutu Dress -
Tana was named after my oldest daughter. Her name comes from my grandmother, Antonia Fontana. To the grandchildren, she was known as Momo Tana. Tana was a prissy little girl so I thought naming the tutu dress for her was fitting.

Momo Tana

Karen Capri Pants and Halter Top -
Karen is named after my twin sister's daughter. Karen and Tana were born 6 weeks apart but have very different personalities.

Karen & Tana

Betsey/Joey
This new pattern is named after my two younger children. Betsey is a coach and loves sports and since the pattern will be for boys also, I decided to use both their names.

Betsey

Joey In the future, I will have a pattern named Emily, my twin sister's other daughter. After that, I'll see what names and people inspire me for future patterns.

Emily

No comments: